Technology at Northeastern
University Technology Services provides an effective and efficient information technology environment for the entire educational community. Our technologies support learning, research, teaching and administration. This IT environment provides the latest in technology for administrative and academic computing, local and wide area networking, telephony, help desk, client computer literacy and training, and media and web services for our students, faculty and staff.
Computers and Software
Northeastern has a number of classrooms with computers for each student as well as more than 400 computers available for general use in student computing labs. These labs contain both PC and Apple computers and provide access to a broad array of applications. You’ll also find a number of special computing labs for computing-intensive disciplines such as:
- Geographic Information Systems
- Video Editing
- Computer Science
In addition, almost all classrooms are equipped with displays or projectors to support multimedia teaching and learning experiences. We are constantly rolling out additional technology to support collaboration and support for students and faculty.
Semesterly Operating Hours for Student Computer Labs
|Days Available||Open||Close||Lab Locations|
|Monday-Thursday||8 a.m.||10 p.m.||B 103, BBH 208, CBM 119, LWH 2104|
|Friday||8 a.m.||5 p.m.||B 103, BBH 208, CBM 119, LWH 2104|
B 103, LWH 2104
|Sunday||noon||5 p.m.||B 103|
Break Period Operating Hours for Student Computer Labs
|Days Available||Times Available||Lab Locations|
|Monday-Friday||8 a.m.-4 p.m.||LWH 2104|
Check the Academic Calendar for the current semster's dates of operation.
Printing is available at all Student Computer Lab locations.
We provide an environment that encourages you to use mobile technology:
- Connect with Wi-Fi access almost everywhere, including classrooms, offices and shared spaces.
- Stay connected with mobile phone coverage available at all of our campus locations. Our Main Campus has a Verizon Wireless cell site installed on the roof of our Library that provides a clear 4G LTE signal to its customers. Other carriers’ coverage is also available though less pervasive.
- Download the NEIU mobile app on your Android, Apple iOS or Blackberry device. Search for “NEIU” on the app stores.
Northeastern also provides numerous systems to make student interaction with each other and the University easier. These include:
- NEIUport, where you may register for classes, pay your bill and check your financial aid.
- Google apps are used to encourage collaboration among students, faculty and staff. Google apps include 30 gigabytes of space for each person for storing files, collaborating and storing email (branded as Nmail).
Students, faculty or staff may contact the NEIU technology helpdesk at (773) 442-4357 or email@example.com with any questions. Students may also contact staff located in our student computer labs for assistance.
Goodwin Gift Challenge reaches $1.5 million fundraising goal
17 hours agoThat’s a wrap! With more than three months to spare, Northeastern Illinois University has met its annual $500,000 Goodwin Gift Challenge fundraising goal. This philanthropic…
Northeastern honors Billy Ocasio with Outstanding Alumnus Award
2 days agoNortheastern Illinois University presented National Museum of Puerto Rican Arts & Culture Chief Executive Officer Billy Ocasio with the Distinguished Alumnus Award during the Golden…
Noteworthy at Northeastern: Inauguration of a president
6 days agoUnder a cloudless sky, Northeastern Illinois University inaugurated Gloria J. Gibson as its seventh president on Thursday. Read about the celebration, the University’s latest U.S.…