Now Hiring Student Employees!
We are hiring for great student employees to work as Shuttle Drivers and on the Welcome Desk and Event Production team for the 2018-19 Academic Year. Check out our job postings on NEIUhire and search for:
1. Student Campus Shuttle Driver and
2. Student Union, Event and Conference Services (SUECS) Student Aide
NEIUHire Link: https://neiu-csm.symplicity.com/
Summer 2018 Student Union Hours:
Monday-Friday: 8 a.m.-6 p.m.
SUMMER 2018 Administrative Office Hours (SU 207)
Monday-Friday: 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
*Hours of operation will be reduced during holiday and semester breaks.
Like the Student Union on Facebook!
Welcome to your Student Union!
Student Union, Event and Conference Services (SUECS) provides spaces and services for the diverse community of students, faculty, staff and guests to connect, learn and grow. Guided by the University and Student Affairs missions, SUECS supports programs, advances community, and contributes to an environment that fosters student success through college and beyond, into the local and global community.
The Main Floor
- The main floor of the Student Union offers many areas for relaxing, conversing, and learning.
- The Reading Room is available to all for quiet study.
- Alumni Hall can hold large scale events, accommodate hundreds of guests, and houses many well-produced gatherings.
- The Golden Eagles Room provides a space for more formal gatherings in an intimate setting.
- The Welcome Desk (Information Center), located on the edge of the Student Union, provides a variety of services to our University and surrounding community.
- Located in the lower level, the cafeteria caters to the daily demands of the University community, while offering plenty of seating for our guests to congregate.
The Second Floor
- On the second floor you will find a variety of meeting rooms, available to reserve for student organizations, faculty, staff and visitors.
- Our “Relaxation and Meditation Room” in SU 219 serves as a destination to relax, clear your thoughts and reflect. This room is available to all students on a walk-in basis.
- You will also find a variety of traveling art exhibits that make their way to the concourse of the second floor.
- The main office of Student Union, Event, and Conference Services is located in SU 207, and is there to coordinate all of your reservation and event needs. The office is open 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m., Monday to Friday.
The Student Union is a bustling hub of activity that serves our diverse community, dedicated students, and skilled professionals. It is a reflection of each of the core values of our institution – Integrity, Excellence, Access to Opportunity, Diversity, Community, and Empowerment Through Learning – and is operated by a large pool of skilled, caring employees who are here to meet your needs.
We look forward to seeing you in the Student Union!
Memories are made here!
Goodwin Gift Challenge reaches $1.5 million fundraising goal
18 hours agoThat’s a wrap! With more than three months to spare, Northeastern Illinois University has met its annual $500,000 Goodwin Gift Challenge fundraising goal. This philanthropic…
Northeastern honors Billy Ocasio with Outstanding Alumnus Award
2 days agoNortheastern Illinois University presented National Museum of Puerto Rican Arts & Culture Chief Executive Officer Billy Ocasio with the Distinguished Alumnus Award during the Golden…
Noteworthy at Northeastern: Inauguration of a president
6 days agoUnder a cloudless sky, Northeastern Illinois University inaugurated Gloria J. Gibson as its seventh president on Thursday. Read about the celebration, the University’s latest U.S.…