Welcome to Project Success
Established in 1968 as an educational access and equity program, the main focus was to recruit and retain African American students. Today, Project Success remains dedicated to access and equity by serving students of all races, ethnicities, nationalities and backgrounds, making it one of the most diverse programs on campus. Project Success also continues its tradition of creating innovative student support services that help retain students by providing support services that help students build a strong academic and social foundation while they are transitioning into the collegiate environment.
Project Success Offers:
- A merit-based scholarship
- Attentive academic advising
- A three-credit academic skills building and transition course
- Access to Academic Peer Mentors
- Access to exclusive tutoring programs in the Learning Support Center and the Math Development Program
- Access to academic skills building workshops
- Priority consideration for all Northeastern Summer Transition Programs
- Social and Northeastern school spirit programs and events
- Multicultural and performing arts activities for Project Success students
- Caring, supportive and enthusiastic staff members
Questions? Contact us at (773) 442-4980.
An admissions formula that contains an applicant's grade point average and SAT or ACT score is used to determine eligibility for freshman admission to Northeastern Illinois University.
To apply, you must submit an application and fee, along with all documents and materials identified in the ‘Freshman Applicants’ portion of the Northeastern admission application.
For more information about the program, please call (773) 442-4980.
Noteworthy at Northeastern: Opportunity abounds
Friday, November 2, 2018Beginning in Fall 2019, Northeastern Illinois University will offer a new Golden Opportunity Scholarship that will cover up to the full cost of tuition and…
Northeastern Illinois University launches Golden Opportunity Scholarship for Fall 2019 freshmen
Thursday, November 1, 2018Northeastern Illinois University has founded the Golden Opportunity Scholarship that will cover up to the full cost of tuition and fees for qualifying freshmen beginning…
Laurie Fuller earns Northeastern’s Distinguished Teaching Award
Monday, October 29, 2018Northeastern Illinois University has selected Professor of Women’s and Gender Studies Laurie Fuller as the 2018 recipient of the Audrey Reynolds Distinguished Teaching Award. Professor Emerita of…